Monday, September 10, 2018

How to: Get away with sunburn (I didn't believe until it happened to me)

Ok so a long time ago when I was much younger and used to go to the beach (aka Sentosa, East Coast Park) once every few weeks for beach volleyball and also just to chill, I was tanning a lot.

I did not think much about sun screen, protection and what not.

As I grew older my skin showed signs of aging and deterioration, I still didn't put in much thought into it, only occasionally using a BB cream as a base to my make up.

BUT it is becoming a problem when it comes to make up because if I get too dark I have to change my foundation powder shade. ALSO. It is almost impossible to put on make up when your face is sunburnt, with all the pain, discomfort and PEELING. I can't even wear my clothes properly okay. T_T

NOT TO MENTION...
FRECKLES. UNEVEN PIGMENTATION (from all random the sunburnt spots)

So anyway I started to use the basic skincare regime from Recherche Skincare.

The Basic Skincare Regime (BSR) series is your foundation steps to healthy, beautiful skin; it cleanses, tones, moisturises,repairs and protects. Pregnancy-safe, it is gentle and suitable for expectant mothers throughout the pregnancy.
After just 28 days of usage, clinical studies have shown significant improvements in:
1. Increased hydration and moisture
2. Firmer and more plumb, youthful-looking skin
3. Reduction of wrinkles
4. Increased skin stem cell metabolism
Stem cells have shown 85% increase in metabolism activities in just 2 days after usage of BSR. A higher metabolism means skin cells are able to rejuvenate more quickly.

Did not seem too difficult... But still, it was quite intimidating to have more than 2 steps in my routine  (cleanse, moisturise) xD


I really love this Protective Hydrator the most because it acts as a lock in for whatever I applied before it, and also a sunblock. 


(photo filtered)

Was able to avoid getting sunburnt on my face thanks to it!

Wish I had more to apply my entire body lol then I wouldn't look like a cooked lobster as seen above.


(photo not filtered)

The skincare does not take much time to set in (maybe 2-3 minutes?), and is a perfect base before make up! Was able to apply make up immediately, effortlessly. Some products will make me have patches when applying loose powder / foundation if I do not give enough time to set. Not sure if you understand this but it is super bad because the patches do not go away and looks really uneven and I will have to use make up remover, wash off everything, skincare regime again and then apply a fresh layer of foundation. Waste a lot of time!!!


Say hi to glowing skin, even after age of 25! :P

(photo not filtered)

Best thing is, this is a local Singaporean brand and can be easily purchased via here!

Sign-up for Recherche Insider News and receive
1 Free Mask (Singapore addresses only)

Thank you for reading!



No comments: