Wednesday, February 12, 2014

teochew porridge

101 facts with wing: I used to hate porridge.

I had a very vague childhood because I was ill most of the time. I don't even remember kindergarten because I only attended maybe 2 weeks or a month of it. So obviously, the only food I can take, 3 times a day (for medication purposes), is porridge. Home-cooked ones are really awesome, but if you have it everyday for a few years...no.

Think I stopped having porridge for a couple of years after an operation that made me ill less often.That was how much I hate it lol.

Subconsciously though, I continue to eat side dishes of teo chew porridge with rice and noodles. And then in my poly days I met a boy who is Teo Chew and then we ate teo chew porridge and I was like HOLY FUK THIS IS GOOD STUFF. It is warm, soupy, and complemented with salty meats and vegetables how to not love!?

And so began my daily cravings for porridge. Now I would still choose ANYTHING else over congee, maybe the 10th time you offer me, I would have half a bowl, provided it is famously good or we are in Hong Kong.


My lunch today... ^_^

Back to my books again!

No comments: