Tuesday, December 05, 2017

How To: Most Efficient and Effective Way of Conquering Disney California Adventure Park, Alone!

Hello! A couple of weeks back, I was in Los Angeles, California so I decided to go to the Disney California Adventure Park! I only had one day so I had to make full use of my time. I wanted to complete as many rides and attractions as possible, yet have a good time and not be drained out. There are many guides and tips out there by other Disney fans but I will share my experience here for those solo travellers out there ^_^

First, you have to book your ticket ONLINE. This will allow you to skip the queue at the park's ticketing counter, duh. There are people who do not know how to do it on the Disney website / third party merchants, people who are simply too lazy and people who made a last minute decision to go to the park, beat all of them. You do not have to collect the tickets etc, just screenshot on your phone or print out a physical copy.

Download the Disney app and it will store your ticket inside. You do not need WIFI / data to access this app! It contains maps and schedule for shows and waiting time for attractions, SUPER useful so you can go paper-less (the flimsy maps that always get wet / torn / lost after a few "happening" rides lol)


Find out if your hotel has free shuttle so you do not have to pay extra money to take a bus / taxi. Even booking Uber can be troublesome as you need your data / WIFI connection and to Uber cabs could be sparse in a big city like Anaheim. 


I had free hotel breakfast so I woke up half an hour earlier to have a hearty meal before taking the shuttle bus at 7.40am. As long as you get there before the park opens (AKA it was 8am for that day but weekends and public holidays may vary) you should be fine.


Disney way! I am reaching!


I still grabbed a physical map just in case :P


First stop: You have to get the fast pass for Radiator Springs Racer from Bugs Land then go to Cars Land for Luigi Rolllickin'


This is worth your time because all the Disneyland parks in the world do not have this theme and its rides. 


I chose a blue car, duh. Favourite colour :D


Do not take this if you cannot be spun around lol


Spotted a snowman that is probably only available during this season!


Cut through Bugs Land again for Guardians of the Galaxy. People are heading for the radiator ride and this so you can go for this since you already have a fast pass for the other. 


If the ride is more than 45 minutes wait, get the fast pass and go take other rides / grab a bite / take photos around the park. I managed to get in within 30 minutes.


SUPER fun xD


Hey baby Groot ^_^ This ride is similar to Tower of Terror in Hollywood Studios of Disney World but the theme is Guardians of the Galaxy. 


California Screaming next! Also another very popular rides so best to go in the morning when the queue is not more than 45 minutes~


Derp wing


I look too calm for riding a roller coaster but it was actually quite exciting haha!


The coaster track along the river!


Walked past this and would have gotten one because it was so cute! And by a legit Disney trained artist / illustrator ;)


Grizzly Bear decked in Christmas outfit xD Get the fast pass for Grizzly River Run. 
* There is always a stipulated waiting time before you can get the next fast pass be it if you have taken the ride or not, so this is the most effective order of fast pass in my experience! *


Soarin' Around the World is also another popular ride but the waiting time was 30 minutes so I chinos in! 


Flying Wing #nopun


Awesome ride featuring a gigantic screen of Nat Geo feel scenery around the world. Was mentally counting and checking off the places I have been and seen. There's a lot more I would want to visit!


Went for the Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure. The only place in the world that has this ride other than Tokyo Disneysea. The fast pass for the closing show Colours of the World is just here. MUST get!


Hi my favourite princess Ariel~


^_^


Dancing crabs and lobsters what is new


Finally my fast pass for Radiator Springs is ready! You ride in one car for 6 passengers and race with another car about 30 seconds into the ride!


My car won. We do not control the car but it was still fun to see other Disney-goers in the other car, riding this side by side! Overtaking sometimes etc.



Woohoo


Look at my happy face LOL


Bumped into a Disney Kids princess but did not queue for a photo.


Pretty~


Went for Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek! It was not very crowded yet so about 40 minutes wait. It has started to get very warm around noon so try to go for indoor rides and shows now~


Lunch time: Giant Turkey Leg


Polished. Haha


Just to show you how large it is


Almost had indigestion LOL but it was a nice and quick meal at the side, avoiding the sun! Bring a water bottle so you can refill every now and then at the water coolers outside of the toilets. Stay hydrated if not you will be tired out soon from the running around!


Check for your favourite characters' meet and greet sessions throughout the day and the locations from the Disney app. Mine was them and I was eating there so I finished up and went to queue! 


Loki was asking me who I like better


Obviously you 😻😻😻😻


Took a nice photo with them both xD


Saw Spiderman on the way out but find his BIG calves too fake xD 


Pun level: Disney! Haha


I MEET CHIP AND DALE NO MATTER HOW TIGHT MY SCHEDULE IS.


Too cute xD Hi Chip



Dale is distracted. As usual.


So happy that I smiled till my eyes are disappearing


With them both ^v^


Full body shot


Who dis?



Did not know who so I did not queue for a photo LOL


Watch Frozen Live, the 3pm show! You have to go at least 30 minutes early if not you will get a seat SUPER far away. People for an hour early to queue for admission. No fast pass.


They sing really well!


Changed her dress on the elevated stairs


Just.. Wow.


Up and down, dancing and singing


I really admire their stamina! I would be panting like a mad woman for singing continuously for about an hour.


100%


Went out of the cooling theatre after a nice break of sitting down and saw Star Lord.


Gamora at the back



They were not for meet and greet, just an appearance, some dancing and engaging with Disney-goers.


The Meet and Greet star today is Groot! BEST


He was dancing too.


He kept saying I am Groot.



Queued up, duh!


Chatted with him and the only thing he replies "I am Groot"


I still love you


Cutie :D


Had so much time because I completed almost all the fun rides already. So I took another for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride. You can choose your favourite and go again now that the stipulated waiting time is up! I also went for not-so popular rides during this time because everybody else is queueing for the popular rides that I already did this morning.

- Heimlich Chew Chew Train
- Mater Junkyard Jamboree
- Silly Symphony Swings


Yay :D


Saw Goofy performing with other street dancers at the main square.


Goofy as usual.


Went out to explore Downtown Disney. Free admission for all to go. 


Disney store sells everything the Disney parks sells. In case you want to get something the next day and do not want to purchase another park ticket you can always check out Downtown Disney!


Hi Duffy in Star Wars get up. Are you R2D2 haha


Very small Duffy corner. Go to Japan if you want more Duffy merchandise. 


Dabao dinner and walked back into the park just in time for Colors of the World show at 9pm! Because I have a fast pass, I get to stand / sit at a good viewing spot of the water and lights show. Other areas are obstructed by lamp posts, rides etc.


I was there about an hour earlier but still had to queue. Luckily I can queue. Others without fast pass will just have to stand around and after they barricade the areas for fast pass holders, then they can rush to the nearest spots to view the show. The barricade only starts 30 minutes before the show, as those areas still have performances, rides and character meet and greet sessions going on throughout the day.


Turn on wifi and you get to play the games while waiting.


The Ferris Wheel's lights can be controlled!


I did not win because my screen darkened after inactivity and when I touch to light it back up I selected the wrong sequence -___-


Pretty~


Started already!


They push out water from water jets at very strong force and direct lights on it


Creating images and snippets of Disney movies while playing the music..


Only managed to capture lights because the other snippets are videoed down :D



So high and mighty! People sitting in front will get wet so I chose a close spot but not close enough to get drenched. 


Christmas Edition of the show :) Lucky me


On the way out I saw fireworks from Disneyland for Wishes, their closing show.


Stood there for a while to see the fireworks form outside the park. 


100%


Managed to catch the hotel shuttle from the same pick up point (remember to ask the driver just to confirm!) and saw a familiar bus T_T  I used to take this everyday to work in Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida for half a year!


Now they do not keep the fast passes so you can bring home. Just scan your park ticket to get in the Fast Pass queue.

That is the end of my guide!

I started my day at 8am and finished all the fun rides by 3pm. With time in between for lunch, 2nd time rides, meeting characters, small breaks, and minimal waiting time. :)

xx






No comments: