Thursday, August 14, 2014

Post Pageant

Hey guys! I blog daily on Dayre app (uhWing) if you want to know about my liiife.

So 2 months ago, marked the end of the pageant that I was taking part: Turf Belle 2014 by Singapore Turf Club! At the last week of it, I was overwhelmed with feelings, some happy, some unwillingness. I went for auditions solely for a few reasons:
1. I was intrigued about horses and in this pageant I get to learn about them and even ride
2. I've always wanted to know how it is like to be in a pageant, I wanted to judge for myself, if it is as it seems to be from the outside perception. I was a finalist for Miss Singapore Beauty Pageant which provides a platform to enter other pageants such as Miss World Singapore etc, but I wasn't ready and had more school commitments. 
3. I had nothing to lose at that point.

Boy was I glad to know Michelle will be taking part too. Competition aside, she has been a great partner to go to the pageant sessions with, we motivate each other when each of us get PMS or sick and tired of some activities lol.




Trying out the gowns for the first time. Had a little fantasising moment about my wedding day lol.




She made this journey fun and less unbearable for me :*



Even when I am dead tired...


I have to smile and look good. This is what is taught. To always maintain, be poised at all times.


When we are facing thousands of people, we are representing the Singapore Turf Club, and also ourselves. I remember that feels when I saw my face on the newspapers, that was when it occurred to me, I am an ambassador, and I have to uphold the image. 


It is alright because when I'm tired I have someone to lean on to rest for a little while... :D


Wo de xiao mei.



I kinda feel like the man in our relationship. Being more rowdy and all.


Final day... Dolled up like a princess for the walk at the Gala dinner! ^_^


And on the actual race day... in my jockey silk. Finally felt smart and suave, and proud to be in it :)





Wing after much grooming. Diva wing lol. Just kidding. 

I didn't win the top 3 prizes, but what I learnt is much more valuable than the title.


Throughout the pageant, we help each other more than competing against each other, so it felt more like a camp to better grooming than anything. The rest of the girls were all like that too. We are ladies now. ^_^



And that marks the end of the pageant journey with turf club. Whether I will take part in another pageant, that will really depend on whether I have a strong reason in the future to do so. 



I'll keep you updated about something exciting happening in November after my graduation ceremony. Thanks for reading :)


No comments: